SQL Server 2014 delivers mission critical performance across all workloads with in-memory built-in, faster insights from any data with familiar tools, and a platform for hybrid cloud enabling organizations to easily build, deploy, and manage solutions that span on-premises and cloud.
Up to 30x faster transactions with In-Memory OLTP. Over 100x query performance gains with In-Memory ColumnStore.
- In-Memory OLTP: Average 10x and up to 30x performance gains
- Enhanced In-Memory ColumnStore for DW: Updatable, faster, better compression
- In-Memory BI with Power Pivot: Fast insights
- Buffer Pool Extension to SSDs: Faster paging
- Enhanced Query Processing: Faster performance without any app changes
Enhanced Security & Scalability
Trust the database ranked “least vulnerable” 5 years in a row! Scalable across compute, networking, and storage with Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Redefined Engineering Security Processes: Lease vulnerable DB
- CC Certification at High Assurance Level: Improved compliance
- Enhanced Separation of Duty: Improved compliance & security
- Transparent Data Encryption: Better data protection
- Encryption Key Management: Store keys on a separate server
- Support for Windows Server Core: Reduced surface area for attack
- Resource Governor Adds IO Governance: Predictable performance
- SysPrep at Cluster Level: Faster deployment
- Windows Server 2012 R2: Predictable performance with tiering of compute network and storage
Benefit from live support designed for mission critical solutions that includes solution validation, architectural reviews, and more!
- SQL Server 2014:
- Enhanced AlwaysOn, 8 Secondaries, Replica Wizard: Greater HA, easier to manage and deploy
- Windows Server 2012 R2:
- Clustered Shared Volume Support: Enterprise HA with tiered storage.
- VHDX Support: Resize VM with no downtime.
- System Center 2012 R2:
- Manage on-premises and cloud apps.
Mission Critical Support
Enhanced database caching across multiple cores & support for Windows Server 2016 that efficiently scale compute, networking and storage in both physical and virtual environments.
- Premier: 24x7 support, access to tech training
- PMC: Solution validation, On-site expertise, fastest response times
Easy Access to Data, Big & Small
Search, access, and shape internal and external data, and combine with unstructured data to broaden insights.
- Power Query: Easy access to internal and external data
- Windows Azure Marketplace: Enhance with 3rd party data
- Windows Azure HDInsight Service and Microsoft HDInsight Server (preview): Access big data with the simplicity of Windows
- Parallel Data Warehouse with Polybase: Query big data with T-SQL
Powerful Insights with Familiar Tools
Speed up analysis and time to insight with the familiarity of Excel in Office and Power BI in Office 365 as well as access via mobile devices.
- Excel in Office and Power BI in Office 365 - Power Pivot and Power View: Faster insights, on-premise and in the cloud
- Power Map Preview for Excel: Richer insights with 3D visualization
- Data Mining Add-ins for Excel: Predictive analytics
- Mobile BI Apps: Access insights on iPad and Windows 8 devices
Complete BI Solution
Scale your BI models, enrich and help secure your data and ensure quality and accuracy with a complete BI solution.
- StreamInsight: Access streaming data in near real-time
- Data Quality Services: Cleanse data
- Master Data Services: One source for the truth
- Analysis Services: Comprehensive, enterprise-scale analytic solutions
- BI Semantic Model: Simplify BI model deployment
Hybrid Cloud Scenarios/Solutions
Enable new hybrid scenarios like cloud disaster recovery to reduce costs and improve on-premises business continuity.
- Simplified Cloud Back-Up: Reduce CAPEX and OPEX
- Cloud Disaster Recovery: Reduce CAPEX and OPEX and improve business continuity
- Extend on-premises apps to the cloud: Gain cloud scale on demand
Easy On-Ramp to Cloud
Easily and quickly migrate and run SQL Server on Windows Azure to get to the benefits of cloud computing faster.
- New Cloud Migration Wizard: Easily move on-premises SQL Server to Windows Azure
- SQL Server in a Windows Azure Virtual Machine: Reduce CAPEX and OPEX with full SQL Server functionality in the cloud
- Windows Azure SQL Database Service: Develop new variable demand cloud apps quickly with HA built-in
Complete & Consistent
Deploy a complete and consistent data platform that spans on-premises and cloud using a common set of tools across the entire application lifecycle.
- Deploy with a comprehensive data platform across all database workloads with a consistent experience from on-premises to cloud